Cabot Health Calcium Complete with Vitamin D
Calcium Complete is a comprehensive formulation of a well-absorbed form of calcium, combined with additional nutrients required for bone strength. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and is vital for developing and maintaining strong and healthy bones and teeth. Calcium also plays an important role in maintaining connective tissue and promoting muscle contraction and nerve function.
The benefits of Calcium Complete:
Contains calcium citrate: This form of calcium requires less stomach acid for absorption and is better utilised in the body than the calcium carbonate form, which is commonly used in supplements. This form is beneficial for those with low stomach acid such as elderly people. Hydroxyapatite has also been used in this formula as it closely resembles the calcium in bones and teeth.
- Bone strength: Calcium Complete contains vitamin K2, boron and vitamin D which are full spectrum cofactors for strong and healthy bone tissue. When the diet is deficient in bone minerals like calcium, the body will access these mineral stores from the bone for use in the body. If the minerals are not being replaced, it can cause little holes in the bones leading to osteoporosis. Supplementing with bone minerals and additional nutrients required for bone formation, may assist in improving the strength of the bones and reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
Contains vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 is the more active and absorbable form of vitamin D (compared to D2) and is broken down into calcitriol in the body. Calcitriol is a steroid hormone that helps to regulate calcium levels for bone mineralisation. Vitamin D is vital for calcium absorption and is a commonly deficient nutrient in people across the world.
Collagen support: Calcium Complete contains manganese, copper and zinc which are cofactors for collagen production. Healthy collagen production is required for strong bones and is vital for the strength and flexibility of joints, ligaments and other connective tissue.
Factors increasing the need for calcium supplementation:
- Crohn's disease
- Older age
- Coeliac disease
- Bone break or fracture
- High blood pressure
- Muscle or ligament injury
Adults: 1-4 tablets daily, or as directed by their healthcare practitioner.
Cautions and contraindications:
- Some people become constipated while taking calcium supplements, especially if they contain calcium carbonate. Constipation can be minimised by increasing water consumption and fibre.
- Calcium interferes with the absorption of the osteoporosis drug alendronate (Fosamax) , therefore they should be taken two hours apart. Taking calcium with thiazide diuretics increases the risk of excessively high blood calcium levels.
- Patients should consult with their healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
- Vitamin K should be avoided in patients taking the drug Warfarin.
Active ingredients per tablet:
|Calcium citrate hydrate (providing elemental calcium 221.55 mg)||1050 mg|
|Hydroxyapatite (providing elemental calcium 60 mg)||240 mg|
|Total elemental calcium||82.51 mg|
|Magnesium oxide - heavy (providing elemental magnesium 131.4 mg)||227 mg|
|Manganese amino acid chelate (providing elemental manganese 1.0 mg)||10 mg|
|Zinc gluconate (providing elemental zinc 875 mcg)||6.7 mg|
|Menaquinone 7 (vitamin K2)||8.25 mcg|
|Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3)||12.5 mcg / (500IU)|
|Copper gluconate (providing elemental copper 490 mcg)||3.5 mg|
|Boron (as borax)||750 mcg|
FREE REGULAR POST ON ORDERS OVER $65
For orders over $65, we offer FREE Postage Australia Wide with tracking so you can follow your order all the way to your door with confidence.
SAME DAY DELIVERY FOR OUR CANBERRA CREW $6.95
Same Day Delivery option is available for customers in the Canberra region. Please only select this option if you live within the ACT or Queanbeyan precint.
TRACKING YOUR ORDER
Once your item is posted, you will receive an email from us advising you that it has been dispatched, this email should also contain your tracking number with a clickable link. Alternatively, to track your order, simply visit http://auspost.com.au/track and enter your tracking number. If your delivery seems to be taking longer than the Australia Post expected dates, please email us at email@example.com and we'll handle it for you crew!
If you have any more questions, you can check our Shipping Info page here, or get in touch with our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also have a chat directly, just buzz our team on 02 62488897 and we'll be glad to help!
HAPPY SHOPPPING CREW!