Why is Nutritional Yeast is becoming a must have ingredients in fit and healthy diet?
As the name suggests, there is nutrition to be had but most people do not realise that its an absolute nutritional powerhouse. Here are the major facts why nutritional yeast is worth adding to your daily diet.
- It is nearly 50% protein (more than double most beef products) so even a few spoonfuls will have you swiftly on your way to reaching your daily protein requirements.
- Nutritional Yeast contains all essential amino acids for muscle recovery making it a "complete protein"
- Nutritional Yeast BCAA content is near perfect 2:1:1 ratio. BCAA also known as Branched Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) are the three aminos most relevant to muscle recovery and muscle preservation, 2:1:1 ratio is the same ratio they are found in our muscle tissue and therefore the ideal ratio to eat.
- Nutritional Yeast contains Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12, crucial vitamins that are getting harder and harder to source through food more animals producing red meat are fed more hay rather than free roaming and grass fed.
- Nutritional Yeast has a subtle cheese-like flavour to it that goes well in most savoury dishes like risottos or stirfrys.
- From the right supplier, it's very cheap. A two hundred gram bag is usually only $15-20 (approx 13g divers protein for $2)
Nutritional Yeast is dense in complete protein with the precise amino acids relevant for muscle recovery, growth and preservation. It contains hard to find vitamins like the B complex and is cheap and easy to add to your diet, well worth a try in our opinion!